Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

We own a bowls club land and premises the ladies club will

Customer Question

We own a bowls club land and premises the ladies club will not join they are an inc club but have no claim to any part of the memorial club we have asked them to join by end of december or find another club to use as their playing club they have been using our club free of charge for years. Do we have the right to do this and because they use our clubs name in the incorporation do we have any hold over their clubs affairs
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

How was their club incorporated and what were the arrangements at the time? Was there any resolution passed by your club to allow them to use the grounds?

You have to go back and see what happened when they started.

Once you have all this information then you can see a solicitor and have a detailed letter sent to them referring to what is in the minutes etc and give them an ultimatum.

Until them they may be able to claim use rights and if they have been using the grounds for years they may be successful.

Does anyone have any memory of what happened when they first incorporated?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

I am just following up my last post. Are you still in need of assistance?