Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My father not passed away i am the benaficary of is funral

Customer Question

Hi there my father not long passed away i am the benaficary of is funral plane my family have gone a head and arrange his funeral without asking me or how much they did this the day he passed away they are know black mailing me by saying if i do not pay the funeral they will not read my letter on the day or give me a copy of his funeral service dvd or his ashes but they will not give me a copy of his birth certificate or death certificate so i can calm is funral insurance money please help me
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

The funeral plan is to pay for the funeral.

You cannot claim the funeral plan unless you pay for it and provide evidence to the insurer that it was paid for.

You can get copies of the Death Certificate from the registry of Births Deaths and marriages if they refuse to give you the copy. But the funeral insurance is there to pay or cover part of the costs of the funeral. A person has to pay for the funeral to be reimbursed. It is not a life insurance policy.

So what I am saying is that you cannot claim the policy and keep it unless you have paid for the funeral.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

I am just following up my last post. Do you still need further assistance?