Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Iam Miss antonella patane fromstrathfield we have a serious

Customer Question

iam Miss antonella patane from*****strathfield we have a serious problems with our next door neighbours that there have a COOLROOM MOTOR UNDER NEAF OUR BACK FENCES MEASUREMEMTS ARE 7METERS FROM OUR BACK DOOR,AND ALSO THERE HAVE AN INDUSTRIAL AIR CONDITIONING UNIT UNDER MY BEDROOM WINDOW ALSO MEASUREMENTS OF 7 METERS FROM MY BEDROOM WINDOW..CAN THERE KEEP THESE TWO MOTORS BY LAW
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Have you had the noise levels checked independently and had a report prepared? If not this is what you have to do. If the report shows that the noise levels are too high then you can seek to have the motor removed or enclosed in a sound proof enclosure through the Land and Environment Court.

The council make not want to get involved but you can also complain to the Ombudsman once you have the report to get them to do their job.

But these are the steps. Without the report there is very little that can be done.

https://www.ombo.nsw.gov.au/

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards