Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I rent a space in a warehouse which is an Antique Centre,

Customer Question

Hi
I rent a space in a warehouse which is an Antique Centre, and also contains about 50/60 others rented spaces.
I have fallen behind in rent to the stage that I have been sent a Urgent Norice of Eviction, but they won't let me remove any of my stock.
That stock is also the key to paying the back rent, and i intend to honour that debt even if i am not there.
I asked in the past for help installing a fitting which (if not installed correctly) could be a safety hazard, and one of the owners also offered to reduce my rent for a time to help me 'get back on my feet', but that never happened.
Can i legally remove my stock which I paid for, and then enter some form of agreement of payment that may be negotiated?
thankyou
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What does your lease say?