Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have been given a termination date 20 December 2015 which

Customer Question

I have been given a termination date 20 December 2015 which is 14 months ahead of the agreed contract expire date of 31 December 2016.
My original contract was extended to another area of my expertise in November 2014.
Company is referencing the original contract which stipulates contract termination policies which I agreed to and signed.
I am unaware of the referenced company contract recited which supposedly provides evidence my off agreement and understanding, as there is no signature or initials on each page of the the copy they sent me as evidence of their legal rights to end my contract, what can I do?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Are you saying they are referring to a contract that you have never signed?

What did you sign and when you say the contract was extended and all parties agreed do you have this in writing or at lease emails to show the agreement?

Have they given you a copy of what they are referring to?