Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Wanting to contact a pro bono lawyer not company in the

Customer Question

Wanting to contact a pro bono lawyer for a not for profit company in the Pilbara Desert re a question in validity of a verbal lease agreement
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no such thing as a pro bono lawyer.

There are many lawyers out there that do some work probono work but they do not advertise.

I would suggest you contact the law society of WA and see if they can refer you to anyone that is willing to give advise for free.

There website is as follows

https://www.lawsocietywa.asn.au/contact-us/

Alternatively there are Commnunity Legal Centres that are set up where lawyers give their time for free and they too may be able to assist.

Here is the CLC website in WA for you and they may be able to give you some names or locations.

http://www.communitylaw.net/

Most solicitors that advertise to do work Probono are no win no fee lawyers and they dont charge you but know because there is an insurer involved they will be paid when it settles.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.