Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Somebody drove s car into the side of mine because s foot

Customer Question

Somebody drove his car into the side of mine because his foot fell asleep. He tells me afterward he took liability and his insurance would pay my repairs. After a month of trying to resolve the issue he wants to change his story and blame me for the crash because he thinks "my word against his" will get him out of trouble. I how ever have text conversations on my phone with him that support my version of events.
That and his story isn't consistent with how the damage happened and my destination. How strong is my case and what should I do.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

The text messages will assist you and you should keep them.

If you have insurance you should make a claim there and give them the messages and you can then let them fight him.

The admissions that he was at fault makes your case fairly strong.

But you will have to sue him if you do not have insurance. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards