Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

We built a fence of 3 metres in consultation with our

Customer Question

Hi there. We built a fence of 3 metres in consultation with our neighbours 20 years ago. It is the right driveway fence. now the renters of the house have complained that the fence is too high. We are now being asked to provide a building permit or comply with a building order. Please help..
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Was the fence there before the renters moved in?

How long has it been there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fence was erected 15 to 20 years ago before these rentors came.
Expert:  Samantha-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/australian-law/9dls7-there-built-fence-metres-consultation.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

Who is asking for the building approval the renter?