Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

We have booked and paid a deposit on a rental holiday

Customer Question

We have booked and paid a deposit on a rental holiday property in Lorne for 2 weeks in January. We were called today and told the property has been sold so bad luck. Will refund deposit but we now will not b able find accommodation at this late date. Are they obliged to honor the bookings as they accepted money etc. and we were never advised it was for sale, would it not be part of the sale that they have to honor already booked accommodation.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

The contract you entered did it make any provision for the sale of the property?

Do you have any terms and conditions?