Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

We have recently purchased a house and have since discovered

Customer Question

Hi, we have recently purchased a house and have since discovered the previous had full knowledge that the house has a fault with the slab. The damage this caused has been covered up but will reoccur. My question is that do we have legal recourse for this. With have documents that the previous owners accidentally left with the house plans which clearly outline the fault. A traditional building inspection would not have discovered this fault as a geo tech inspection is needed to be carried and this is not a normal thing to do when purchasing a property. I would appreciate any feedback you can provide me with. Thank you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
Issue may well lie with your conveyancer / solicitor that you used.
Did they ask if there was ANY issue?
If so, and they responded by saying there was no issue, then the seller is liable.
IF NOT, then your conveyancer / solicitor maybe liable.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

The agent will not be liable per se, the will just advertise the home for sale, and most likely said to ask the seller, not them.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Please contact the conveyancer / solicitor you used and ask them what they asked.

Please rate my service.