Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

A injury made in January while the injury was being assessed

Customer Question

A injury made in January while the injury was being assessed in march I fell and the injury got worse the insurance company made it result as two injuries.The injury in march was given as 10% so I only received pain and suffering $45.000 for.The January injury was over 20% and after 18 month they maid me scared and was closed with me getting $75.000. This all took 12 years to close.I went to centrelink the 2 times telling them the truth of the payments.So centrelink added the two payments together $120.000 total and game me a reclusion period.
Should they put the 2 payments together,even if the payments were 18 month apart.
thank you
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Did you get a clearance for each payment as you received it?