Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I recently red a motorhome in Perth to drive to Adelaide.the

Customer Question

I recently hired a motorhome in Perth to drive to Adelaide.the motorhome came up with a fault in the first few hours.
The hire company has refunded all but three nights of the hire(their rental agreement says they do not refund any unused days)
The question I have is should I have to pay my relocation which involved flying from Kalgoolie to Perh to Adelaide with an overnight stay then fly to Sydney then home to Brisbane.
My rent of the motorhome was to finish in Adelaide where we had a flight booked and paid for. We were still out of pocket for this flight as it was a prepaid and non refundable.
Regards ***** *****
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

In most cases they do not cover this and this is set out in the agreement, this is why you have to have travel insurance.

What have they not refunded? Do you have a copy of the contract for me to look at?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The motorhome company has refunded all but three nights which is what we had.
My question is because the hire was cut short because of the ongoing fault with the motorhome., We had to get home to Brisbane.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

The contract would absolve them of this type of liability.

If not then you can sue them.

It is the contract that you have to look at.

If you can email it to me***@******.*** I can see what it says and advise you if you can make a claim against them.