Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Having purchased a new caravan on 29 April, (approx. 6

Customer Question

Having purchased a new caravan on 29 April, (approx. 6 months ago), it appears that the actual ball weight of the van is much greater than the ball weight specified on the identification plate.
It is possible that the actual tow ball weight of the van could exceed the 350 kg tow bar ball weight of the vehicle.
NB: Actual GVM and Tare weights also exceed the weights shown on the identification plate.
Please advise course of action we can take.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

When you ordered it what was specified on the order?

I cannot say if it can exceed but it appears that the manufacturer has made a mistake.