kmslaw
kmslaw, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 15 years legal experience behind me and I graduated from the University of Sydney with First Class Honours in Arts/Law.
72036894

I have recently returned to my workplace as a casual this

Customer Question

I have recently returned to my workplace as a casual this workplace has two campuses the campuse I have found out that the manager from one of the campuses has told several staff members that she does not want me working at her campuse But I have not been told that by her or the HR. Department. Has she breached confidentiality by telling other staff members this and if so what can I do about it?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor in NSW and I am going to help you with your inquiry today. The first thing I recommend that you do is to approach her individually and ask her whether it is true that she is telling people that she doesn't want you working at her campus. The last thing you need is for other people to be spreading rumours about what she says that aren't true. She is not necessarily breaching confidentiality by telling other staff members this. It may not be a wise decision that she tells everyone this (if it is indeed true) but it's not a confidential matter between her and you. However if you want her to treat her views about you as being confidential, I suggest you approach her and ask her what her issues with you are and tell her that you want to succeed in your job and if her comments are going to ruin your chances to do so, you would prefer that she keep her views confidential as against other employees as it taints your reputation. Because the one concern you should have is that if she is stating reasons for not wanting you to work with her campus that are based on your personality, reputation or level of skill, (in her opinion) then this could be defamatory.

I hope that has helped you with your inquiry today. Let me know if you need further help.

Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Did my answer help you at all? Please let me know.