Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My friend lost s office, home and accomadation, by a fire

Customer Question

My friend lost his office, home and accomadation, by a fire thought to have started by a Samsung Top Loading Washing machine at Kojonup Western Australia in June 2015.
Samsung gave a distinct impression that they admitted liability and then completely rejected the claim for contents only.
He is not too sure if he should go to Consumer Affairs and or the Ombudsman
Can you please advise him which would be the most suitable authority to lodge a complaint
Thanking you Ted Bride for ***** *****ndsay Ryan
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Has he worked out the total amount of his losses? Did he own the house and was he insured?

Has he lodged a claim for the lot and has Samsung responded that they accept liability?