Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Leon. I have an inquiry. I was on good behaviour on my

Customer Question

Hi leon.
I have an inquiry.
I was on good behaviour on my licence. Just last week i was caught on the phone by the police as i was just trying to call my wife if she wanted me to buy some lunch for her as i was heading home.
So i was fined 314$ and -3demerit points.
So im expecting a suspension for 6 months.
I am a self employed person and my business is cleaning. I need to drive and feed my family and pay bills. I have three kids and just had a month old baby.
I really need to drive to work.
My other offences were crossing the red light when there are no traffic. Unintentionally as it was the last seconds of the yellow light. All the passing the red light offences are 4am time as this is my shift to clean. And therr are no people driving at all.
Please help me as i have no one to drive me and i am the only working person in the family.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I am sorry to say but the news is not good.

In NSW there is no such thing as a work licence or a hardship licence as there is in QLD.

When you say you were on good behaviour was it because of demerits?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i lost all my demerit points which gets me suspended, then i applied for good behaviour which i was approved. I was given 2 points for 12 months.And i lost those two points when i was caught on the phone on a red light.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but you have no option but to stop driving.

I accept that you are self employed but the law does not give you any options.

How much longer do you have on your good behaviour?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you serious? I thought you are a verified expert. Im basically giving you the answers when im looking for answers.?!? I feel like your milking me to get the answers. So unprofessional.good bye. I feel like this is a scam game.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as a solicitor, your english is horrible.