kmslaw
kmslaw, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 15 years legal experience behind me and I graduated from the University of Sydney with First Class Honours in Arts/Law.
72036894

I signed up with a company called My solution. Basically

Customer Question

I signed up with a company called My solution. Basically they have a generic 1300 number for different trades. I own a cleaning company and they sold me 1300 MY Cleaner. You purchase post codes. So if anyone in those post codes call that number in comes to me. It is a 2 year contract with a monthly fee. After 4 months I have not received 1 phone call. I have contacted them saying I want to cancel and they said to cancel I have to pay every month out for 2 years. The contract was done over the phone with a voice recording.
Am I stuck with this and have to pay it or is there a way out for me without paying it?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am a NSW solicitor and I am going to help with your inquiry today. You need to check the terms and conditions of the service you signed up for. If you go onto the Mysolution website it shows its terms and conditions here. The terms don't give you the right to terminate early and pay a cancellation fee. So it looks like you are stuck with it. However if it is causing you extreme financial hardship you could argue with them that it is an unfair contractual term under the Australian Consumer Law (the termination clause) because it doesn't give you the right to terminate early and cut your losses as it is all one-sided. But that's only if it places you under extreme financial hardship. For the low fee that you pay it's probably not an entirely feasible argument but you could try and see if it will help you negotiate. I say this without knowing your financial situation. The other option is working with them to further advertise your number. I see from elsewhere on the site that they do promotions so could you possibly ask them to help you out by running a promotion on your number? It can't help their business that you are not getting anything out of it. You could reason with them on that basis alone (without any legal argument). Best of luck with it.

Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Did you find my answer OK or do you need further help?