Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have urgent need of a solicitor and barrister who have

Customer Question

I have urgent need of a solicitor and barrister who have experience in deceased estates and
dealing with narcissists. Can you recommend someone?
Also with regard to court cases relating to estates and applications for removal of executors or an order to act is it possible to call character witnesses for either the plaintiff or the defendant?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a solicitor in NSW who will help with your inquiry today. I am experienced with deceased estates and can help. I am going to be in meetings all day but can respond to you early tomorrow morning. I am not sure I can control narcissistic people but I've dealt with many personalities in litigation. I will offer you an additional service so we can have a phone call and you can get further assistance. It's not usual to call character witnesses for determining who should be the executor of the estate as usually that is a straightforward issue about whether the person is the person identified in the will and whether they are fit to act in terms of their personal health and willingness. However we can talk further about this in the call.

Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Did you like my answer or do you need further Q&A time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your comments about character witnesses were helpful. However regarding a solicitor who has dealt with a narcissist it is a very specific requirement and you would remember if you had dealt with one. Thank you for your offer but I have accepted
such offers before and they haven't been satisfactory. Thankyou Julie Royle
Expert:  James D. Ford replied 1 year ago.

Hi Julie

Where in Australia is the pending litigation? At what stage is it? have you been served, or is it just threatened at this stage?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sydney.

Julie, please accept my apologies for the delay - the system did not notify me of your response.

At what stage is the matter? have you been served? is there an upcoming deadline in the proceedings?

I have offered additional service so we can discuss the matter directly.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Legal proceedings have not been initiated by either party. However after never ending delays by my brother(the narcissist)
and nice normal letters and requests by the solicitor which have been fobbed off I am seriously contemplating my options
as far as the courts are concerned. It is vital that I have a solicitor that has dealt with and understands narcissism.
regards
Julie

Hi Julie

Narcissism is all about them, so the longer everything takes, the better (from the narcissist's perspective) as they continue to be the focus of everyone's attention.

They are in complete control, and that is the way they like it.

A long drawn out process regarding the administration of a deceased estate (which is what you describe - is already happening!!), leading to a long drawn out legal proceeding is exactly what a narcissist wants!

If you do decide to take legal steps to have this narcissist removed by the Court as Executor of the estate, or for the Court to make well considered orders (that cannot be circumvented) requiring the narcissist to take action - you want to be sure you have a strong case, and are prepared for all kinds of delays and lack of co-operation.

If they are in the wrong, the legal system will - in the end, beat the narcissist... as the things they cherish, complete control, and being the focus of attention - can be taken from them.

Kind regards,