Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My friend is in jail because he was in a vehicle which had a

Customer Question

My friend is in jail because he was in a vehicle which had a torch containing meth. He threw the torch however he is on suspended sentence and now is going for schedule two bail. The owner of that vehicle was pulled over as he had unregistered car and a exceptional license. Had it not been for this they would not have been stopped. He has offered to do a stat dec saying the torch was his and my friend didn't know the contents wen he threw it. Will this get my mate out on schedule two bail? He goes to court this Tuesday!!??
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was 1.7 grams in it. If that help and the person writing the stat dec doesn't know how to word it. The first one said he gave it to my mate to look at and he gave it back that was going to be intent to sell and supply. There was no other paraphernalia
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

When did you mate throw it out? Was it when the police stopped him? This is going to be very hard to explain.