Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I work a 14-10 / 14-11 roster where my first 7 days is day

Customer Question

I work a 14-10 / 14-11 roster where my first 7 days is day shift and my second 7 is night shift. this is all year round weekends and public holidays included. My employer doesn't believe I am due a 5 week annual allowance. we are also expected to be called to do extraordinary hours to facilitate operational requirements. I believe they are wrong. can you help. ?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Are you asking whether you are to be paid annual leave including the extra hours?

What awared are you under? Are you a full time staff member?