Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I am being charged tomorrow witht he charge of stealing as a

Customer Question

I am being charged tomorrow witht he charge of stealing as a servant for the amount of $4900. I am in WA and have paid back the amount in full already. The former employer will not drop the charges and wishes to go ahead. The police did let them know my circumstances and were hopeful that they would not go ahead but... just wanted to know what the possible outcome in terms of penalty will be as this is of greatest concern for me as I have 3 young children whose welfare I am responsible for
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
I trust that you will be dealt with by a non conviction and good behaviour bond.
At the absolute worst, just a criminal conviction.
You will not go to jail.

I have dealt with many of these matters in practice, at worst I have received for clients is a small fine (less than $500) and a good behaviour bond.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Please leave feedback as to my service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry can I just as something further in relation to my matter. To give myself the best chance, should I engage a private lawyer to go into details about my personal circumstances, for example the money I took did not benefit me it was money that I paid to a person who was threatening my sister with harm. I also paid back the money in full, I am the primary carer for my 3 kids 7 9 11 and I am concerned that if I appear just with say the duty solicitor that I wont be able to get all the details across in regards ***** ***** and the severity of the outcome
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
It is always best to have a lawyer present.
However you can also have a social worker or someone helping you perhaps draft a letter to the court.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

However, the duty solicitor would be more than capable.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Please leave feedback as to my service.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
Please leave feedback and click on the 'accept' button.
I am able to answer further questions if need be.