Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I am currently signed into a commercial lease that expires

Customer Question

I am currently signed into a commercial lease that expires in December 2017. The owner of the building wants to develop the property and cannot go ahead with the development until Im out. The owner wishes to pay me a sum for my agreement to leave in April 2016. The unspoken repercussions for not doing so, however, is that they are going to force me to have my sub-leasees go onto a month-month sub-lease situation with a view to restricting me the ability to sub-let entirely.
I need advice for the best option here, thanks a lot
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Does your lease have a demolition clause in it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Leon there is no demolition clause from what I can read. Only something to do with subdivision or development not affecting my quiet enjoyment,financial performance or tenure of lessee
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

Can you send me the clauses so I can have a look at what they say?