Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Me and my friend, involved in arguments. Both of us didn't

Customer Question

Me and my friend, involved in arguments. Both of us didn't said anything about whatever happened and police fears that i have assaulted her. Court ordered for 1year not to see her. Am i allowed to contact her or is there any way i can overturn AVO.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If there is an AVO that you nor approach her and you do, then you are in breach and then the court will convict you of a criminal offence.

Only if the victim is in agreement to have it removed can you remove it. If you wish to remove it then you have to make an application to the court and she will be notified and will have to appear.

But any contact is a breach and you can be charged with the contravention and this can result in a criminal conviction.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

Are you still in need of assistance?