Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My ex partner pays $33 maintance a month 2 daughters I put

Customer Question

Hi my ex partner pays $33 maintance a month for his 2 daughters I put them through school he pays the once a year school fees. I am with child support and I don't think they care about how much he pays . He has his own business and can buy new vehicles . I work earn $40,000 a year and he makes more than what I make and only pays that amount of maintance . What can I do can you help me
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

They work out the child support based on his taxable income.

Does he work for himself or is he an employee?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He owns his own business. It is a earthmoving business . He walked out of our relationship in 2010 he took me to court For the property I ended up having to get a bank loan to pay him out so that I could keep the property And keep the house which the girls and I live in he also took the car off me too he had a business debit for the machinery which is cleared now cause I am that is the way I could get the house which I am paying off
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

So I assume he has been doing his income tax returns?

You say he earns more? Do you believe it is cash? Have you got any evidence?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Are you still in need of assistance?