Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I had a property settlement around 18 months ago. At the

Customer Question

Hi I had a property settlement around 18 months ago. At the time of signing the document I was suffering depression and anxiety.My now ex wife promest that if the money form the sail of our property was given to her and put into her account and and moved out we would reconcile in three months. It has been almost 2 years now and are still estranges. Can I do anything to recover my share from the sale of our property.
Regards
Tom XXXX
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
The monies need to be split in accordance with the property settlement.
If you did reconcile, then she may have an argument that you consented to give the money to her and thus, it is hers.

It does not matter to the court that she gave you assurances that you would reconcile, courts simply take that as a part of life.

However, they are court orders, they need to be abided by. But the issue is, you gave her consent to do what she wanted to do.
Anything short of going to court and relisting the matter will be enough.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Please leave feedback as to my service.
​I am happy to answer further questions.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Please leave feedback as to my service.

​I am happy to answer further questions