Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

Require your advise on my new fence saga. I have recently

Customer Question

Good Morning, My Name is***** and require your advise on my new fence saga.
I have recently erected a 3/4 fence around my rental property after meeting with both neighbours [whom are of the same family]. The rental has purchased from the their family grandmother who now appears to have been the black sheep of the family. To allow the fencing contractors to quote on the job, I had to survey the land, which I failed to do when I purchased the property 4 years ago as I was shown an old existing fence line. The surveyor advised me this land/area had not been pegged out for over 65 years. As a result I gained three more metres of back yard and another 700mm of land both sides of the house. The neighbours were consulted about the fence and its make up and nothing was presented in writing as the arrangement seemed all good. I have made up history pack if you require more info. At the completion of the fence I handed over the cost sharing paperwork [form 2, quotes, surveyors report, at this point I will state I took on 70% of costs]. 28 days I received the letter advising me that I did not follow procedure and therefore not entitled to any monies - signed by the four family members which happen to be a rather large cane farming identity in the Walkerston area. Thanking you for your time and have a nice day - Cheers Allan
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
So you have actually arranged to have the fence erected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
stated in first paragraph - trying attach the file I mentioned with more info
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Well in that case, sadly you have no cause of action to get the money back.
Arrangements need to made BEFORE the fence is made.

I wish I could give better news

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Please leave feedback as to my service.
​I am happy to answer further questions.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Please leave feedback as to my service.

​I am happy to answer further questions