Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

My son currently attends a private school however we are

Customer Question

My son currently attends a private school however we are changing schools for my son next year due to various situations at school that have impacted his well being. My daughter was enrolled to start prep next year at the same private school and we have paid first term fees. We gave the required 1 term notice that the children will be attending a different school, however the private school will not reimburse the first term fees already paid as it stated this in her acceptance letter. The school has a waiting list so her place will easily be filled, and we feel we have no option but to change schools for our sons wellbeing. How can we go about getting our fees refunded?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
It will be stipulated in the acceptence letter the conditions as to what will occur regarding reimbursement of fees and the like if you wish to leave.
However, this is a situation where you would otherwise like to stay, had it not been for whatever happened with your child.
I would strongly suggest sending them an email demanding repayment as a result of the lack of attention shown to your child was the reason why you are leaving and not that of your own.
In respect of the matter, unless you can take the matter higher internally within their organisation, I would suggest going to the media if they do not pay

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Please leave feedback as to my service.
​I am happy to answer further questions.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Please leave feedback as to my service.

​I am happy to answer further questions