Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I have employed a contractor last year to do offload

Customer Question

i have employed a contractor for the last year to do offload limousine work recently he approached one of my clients which pay well over a hundred thousand a year in moneys to the my company this a government contract in regards ***** ***** and the person who gives me the work works directly for the government . he has stolen this contract do i have any rights here even though i don't have a signed contract with the person i did the work for but my company has done the work for ten years ?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
Sadly no.
There is no employment contract here that you can enforce, nor any agreement stipulating otherwise.
Unless there was any restraint of trade with the subcontractor, there is no recourse.
I wish I could give good news, but cannot give false advice / hope.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the company i did the work for said my contractors / drivers were not good enough for the job and they took the contract off me for lots of errors which they will not provide me but yet say happened ? and bring in one of the contractors that may have been causing the errors ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
Sadly none of what you just said changes my advice to you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Please leave feedback as to my service.
​I am happy to answer further questions.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Please leave feedback as to my service.

​I am happy to answer further questions