Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

How do I represent myself in small court claims? I had an

Customer Question

How do I represent myself in small court claims? I had an incident last year in June; driving at 0-1km speed in bumper to bumper situation, car in front moved forward, I followed, the car in front stopped suddenly and I bumped its bumper bar. No damage noted on either car, I gave my details. More then 12months later I received a letter from a lawyer (other persons) claiming $7000 for damages, describing the incident which did not occur with me. Now at the small claims court. I was not issued summons.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Do you have photos?

Until they file a summons in court you cannot do anything.

They have to file a summons and then you have to defend it. The court will then set a hearing date and you will both give evidence and the court will then make a decision.

Did you get anything from the court?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

Are you still in need of assistance?