Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I am living in an apartment which is being sub let to me

Customer Question

I am living in an apartment which is being sub let to me from the tenant on the lease.
I assumed he was the owner but have found out tonight he is not the owner and did not get agents/landlords permission to sublease to me.
He has entered the property tonight while I wasn't home with out permission or notice & is demanding I be put by the end of the week & I pay 2 months rent & he will keep the bond I paid. What can I do?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Do you have anything in writing?