How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5522
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently my mother's enduring power of attorney as she

Customer Question

I am currently my mother's enduring power of attorney as she is going grieving through the loss of her husband (my father) who passed away last Saturday. I've been updating his details and helping my mother out during this period of hardship. She can no longer live in the house in which they own. Could you please advise what she will have to do to sell the house as it is in both names?
The house is fully owned by my parents, no mortgage and my father did not do a will.
Looking forward to your reply.
kindest regards,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No will is not an issue, still married, your mum gets everything.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

You do need to however undertake probate.
This is where the estate is transferred to your mother's name

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

The link above gives the procedure.
Although it looks difficult, it isn't terribly hard.
If it is a bit too hard, a solicitor can do it for around $1200

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

I can give further assistance if need be.
Please leave feedback as to my service.