Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

In Melbourne. Mr wants to buy an investment property in

Customer Question

In Melbourne. Mr Green wants to buy an investment property in South Yarra. He approaches Pan Pacific Real Estate Agency (PPREA) and meets Mr Blue, a real estate agent with the firm. Mr Blue tells Mr Green that he has many properties on offer including one at***** which “definitely will bring in rent of $550 per week”. To proceed with the sale, Mr Blue asks Mr Green to sign a real estate commission statement, “which will mean Mr Green will have to pay Mr Blue $5,000 upon Mr Green taking possession of the property”. Mr Pink is the current owner of***** He lives with Ms Brown who rents a room from Mr Pink. Ms Brown pays Mr Pink $125 each Friday. A travelling salesman, Mr Rainbow, occasionally stays in the shed located in the rear yard of***** An agreement was reached years ago that Mr Rainbow may come and go as he wants (he has a key to the back gate) provided he pays Mr Pink a yearly annuity of $3,000 due each year on 5 February. We are now in September and Mr Rainbow is yet to pay the $3,000 but Mr Rainbow intends to do so “as soon as Mr Pink asks for it”. Mr Purple lives in the house adjacent to***** For 5 years Mr Pink and Mr Purple have been annoyed with one another. Mr Purple thinks a mistake occurred years ago and that Mr Pink incorrectly built his boundary fence on Mr Purple’s property. Mr Purple has heard on the grapevine that Mr Pink is going to sell***** He storms over to Mr Pink’s house and demands for Mr Pink to immediately have the boundary lines re-surveyed because Mr Pink “should not be selling my property”. Mr Green hears back from Mr Blue that Mr Pink likes his offer for $650,000. Mr Blue brokers the deal and Mr Green and Mr Pink exchange signed contracts on Monday, 8 October. Mr Green is so excited and hopes to move in on 9 November. Ms Brown is most annoyed when Mr Pink tells her they are moving. They got married on 1 September and she thinks all decisions, including the sale of***** should be “joint decisions”. Can Mr Green take clear possession and clear ownership on 9 November?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Is this an assignment question?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

If this is an assignment I cannot give you a response because it is plagiarims.

If you provide me with your response I can guide you with it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards