Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have been making payments to Energy Australia since the

Customer Question

I have been making payments to Energy Australia since the beginning of the year to pay my gas bill, via Recoveries Corp. Energy Australia say they have not received the payments and keep ringing and annoying me. When I answer their calls, they hang up on me. Going on for months. Today and 2 weeks ago someone spoke to me. They said they have only just received the account from Energy Australia to collect it. They have no record apparently of my payments all year. I have ordered a statement from my bank from January 2015, I should receive in the next 24 hours. I keep being threatened that my credit will be affected if I do not pay out this account. I cannot afford to make more than $20-25 per fortnight, because I have many bills and debts to pay, I only receive NewStart payment of $534 fortnight until centrelink deem I am unable to work to receive Disability pension. I am 56, alone, living with my mother, not being able to pay rent because of my bills I am currently paying out, and I am in debt because I have brought up 3 Autistic kids for the last 30 years, alone for 25 years. I have been on carer's payment until January this year when my youngest Autistic decided he could look after himself and moved out, making me illegible to stay in my ministry house, but there being no single bedroom units to move me into. I am so upset by all of this as well as spending since April 2015 going to the ***** *****ndell Rehabilitation Services in the Bendigo Hospital and because of my recent hospitalization due to what is now diagnosed as Asthma, until my asthma is under control I cannot do anymore at the rehab service except Dietitian and Psychology and the last 6 months of treatment and therapy is wasted, Im no better physically for my pain and arthritis, obesity and weight control and I now have to have a sleep study done at costs I cannot afford and have ongoing nurse treatment and medications for my asthma. All of this costs money, even for parking meters. Im sorry for rambling but I had an appointment earlier in the year with a financial counsellor at Bendigo Family Financial Service and all they could do for me was to send me to St Vincent De Paul service who helped me through a couple of months with food and they paid a cheque to Energy Australia to get a start on my payments. I am making payments and apparently they arent receiving them. I had earlier in the year made payment arrangements with Energy Australia then I kept getting phone calls from Probe and then Recoveries Corp, all saying the payments werent being made. My bank account will prove that I have been paying the gas account all year since I arranged it, and there were a couple of misunderstandings with the electricity account. It, as far as I know is now being paid ok.....I cannot afford to make all these payments and I cannot live on my own. I feel I have been grossly abused by the systems these companies have in order to get their money, I have been unwell since the end of March with flu's and viruses that have kept me at home and mainly in bed until this last 2 weeks, but in the last month have added health issues arising from Asthma.I am so over this. Can you please look into my problem with Energy Australia. I cant cope with them any more. I receive up to a dozen calls from "unknown" calls who hang up as soon as I answer and up to a dozen calls from "private number" who hang up as soon as I answer, every day and on weekends and evenings up to 8pm. My mental health is suffering, and yes I do have depression, medicated and I am also un-diagnosed on the Autistic Spectrum as well. HELP PLEASE Thanking you Dianne Turner
ph:(###) ###-####address: 4/12 Retreat Rd Flora Hill, Vic, 3550. email:***@******.*** The address for the Energy Australia bills is:*****Kangaroo Flat Vic 3555
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Do you have evidence of the payments and confirmation that they have been received?