Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have been separated 8 years with equal share of the 3

Customer Question

I have been separated for nearly 8 years with equal share of the 3 children for that time. My oldest are 17 and 19 and make their own decisions now about whom they stay with and when. my youngest, currently 12 years, is still going back and forth between houses equally. I would like to apply for full custody as his father works late hours and is never around to help with homework or support his needs for school. He does not reply to any emails about the child or his difficulties at school, even ones from the teacher about his difficulties. His father keeps him up late every night watching M15+ movies, eating dinner late and has not supported any school work. The child needs more support and more structure in his school week.How do I make this application?
thank you for any help you can offer.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Have you spoken to the father about this? By full Custody are you suggesting that the father loose all decision making rights or fdo you mean that the child live with you mainly and visit his father on weekends?

You also have an issue because this situation has been going on for 8 years, the court has to be convinced that reducing the time with his father is in the childs best interests.