Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

We entered an agreement on 8/2/13 to buy over 5 years, 20

Customer Question

Hi there,
We entered an agreement on 8/2/13 to buy over 5 years, 20 solar panels from Citisolar. After 2yrs 5 months, the inverter ceased to function. On calling Citisolar we were told our request was in the system and a new one was on the way via Toll shipping. Subsequent calls to them have met with feeble reasons why it has taken so long and now, no calls are being answered at all. A call to Samil ( inverter providers) tells us they had no claim for us in the system, despite us being told we were. Samil are apparently already instigating legal proceedings for 'a lot' of money owed to them by Citisolar.
We were paying $160.13 one fortnight and $157.23 following fortnight (less bookkeeping fee) into: Reference no. 21522124E700082581 Certegy Australia Limited.
BSB 063-593
Acc 1045-7218
Ref. C57563
***** ***** is the name of the sales person who came to our home, he and his father owned the business, his mobile Ph.(###) ###-#### Numerous other customers in the Ulverstone district also took up their offer, at the time they were doing a big promotion in the area.
My question is, where do we stand on this?
How do we reclaim any money we have outlayed?
Do we have a claim for electricity we are unable to generate while waiting for their service?
Am I within my rights to cease payment from our bank account?
Thankyou.
Cheers, ***** ***** to your reply
Fran Hamilton
8. Hamilton St
Ulverstone
Tasmania. 7315
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Is the unit still under warranty?