Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
61534878

I got t by a car while riding my bicycle just less then

Customer Question

Hi i got hit by a car while riding my bicycle just less then 10metres of a crossing and have had problems with my legs and back ever since am just wondering if im entitled to any thing as have not been able to hold down a job because of the pain. Its just it happened when i was 18 and im now 25.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

What state are you in?

Have your injuries got worse?

Why have you waited so long to seek advice on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have only just looked into it now because up until this year i was living at my parents and my mum was caring for me. And she said u just cant go round sueing people so i did nothing about it but now i have moved out to my gf rental house and we now wont to buy a house of our own but is very difficult when im on a disability pension.
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

You may be out of time to make a claim, but extensions of time can be granted in some cases so you should not let that issue stop you at this stage.

That issue aside, your entitlement to compensation will depend on how your accident happened, and the extent of your injuries, and what evidence is available to support your claim.

My very strong recommendation is that you go and see a personal injury lawyer to review your case in more detail as only a fully briefed lawyer can properly assess your chances of success.

Do not delay as further delay may make your claim more difficult to win.

If you need help finding a suitable lawyer contact your state Law Society (Law Institute in Victoria) as they can refer you to suitable lawyers in your area.

If money is an issue, some lawyers will make their fees payable only if you win, so shop around.

Please rate my answer.

Patrick