Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My son is being denied any contact with s 2 and a half year

Customer Question

My son is being denied any contact with his 2 and a half year old son by his ex partner. She has blocked all phone numbers and social media and has not been sending him to daycare. Our whole family is devastated as we usually have him every Friday through to Monday. She is also with holding him from her parents. My son is already attending mediation but no one seems to be giving us any advice on how to regain contact with the baby. Mediation basically told my son it could be upto 18 months of mediation to get a certificate to be able to take things to court. How is a little boy supposed to understand that he can't see his Daddy and Grandparents for that amount of time. Will he think we don't want him or don't love him? It breaks my heart. Please give us some hope that the mother can be made to put her son's rights and needs first?
Regards
Terri Wood
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

When the mediation started was he having access?