How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 43737
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a small business and had four speeding tickets..i did

Customer Question

i have a small business and had four speeding tickets..i did not nominate the driver ..i had no log books..and have been suffering depression ..i went to court last week...the judge did not revoke the is 9000 dollars or more in company fines..i only make 40 ..000 a year profit..and single parent three kids..i cant pay these fines..what are my options now so depressed over this...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

The law has become tough on companies that do not nominate drivers.
You have to speak to the people that had access to the cars and work out who was driving them.

Once you have done that you have to go to the Issuer of the notices and have the drivers nominated. The fines will disappear and they will issue fines to the drivers.

This is all you can do.

If you wish to declare bankruptcy you will not be able to run your business and anything in your name is ***** *****

So you have to try and recall who had access to the car.