Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have a small business and had four speeding tickets..i did

Customer Question

i have a small business and had four speeding tickets..i did not nominate the driver ..i had no log books..and have been suffering depression ..i went to court last week...the judge did not revoke the offences..it is 9000 dollars or more in company fines..i only make 40 ..000 a year profit..and single parent three kids..i cant pay these fines..what are my options now please..im so depressed over this...
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

The law has become tough on companies that do not nominate drivers.
You have to speak to the people that had access to the cars and work out who was driving them.

Once you have done that you have to go to the Issuer of the notices and have the drivers nominated. The fines will disappear and they will issue fines to the drivers.

This is all you can do.

If you wish to declare bankruptcy you will not be able to run your business and anything in your name is ***** *****

So you have to try and recall who had access to the car.