Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I am the uncle of 3 children that are in kinship care with

Customer Question

I am the uncle of 3 children that are in kinship care with my ex partner, we are grandparents of our own childrens children.we still have good communication because of this,I support them in many ways.my big worry is that the children in care, mother wants her children back.she had her children removed because of alcohol and domestic violence by DOCS she has been telling people and Help organisations that she no longer drinks alcohol, so she is lying to these people and organisations. I no she still has alcohol my biggest worry is that the children would be returned to her by the courts.I don't want to see the children (our niece and nephews)go back knowing that alcohol is still apart of her life.we are uncle and aunty to the childrens mum.iam aboriginal my ex partner is not,the childrens mum is aboriginal. We have said all along that we would support the childrens mum if alcohol was not apart of her life but it still is,but she is pulling the wool over everyones eyes and they are believing her. What can I do to stop this PLEASE,PLEASE advise me I don't want my niece or my nephews to be destroyed in the vicious cycle, that lot of my people are trapped in. What can I do.thank you
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Are there court orders in place?