Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I was made redundant as a National safety manager. The

Customer Question

I was made redundant as a National safety manager. The reason given was the company was not going to sell any Safety products any longer. 2 months later they are still selling Safety products
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I am sorry to hear about the situation but I do not think the news is going to be good.

If it is a genuine redundancy, then I am sorry to say there is very little that you can do. If on the other hand it is not a genuine redundancy, then you have a claim for unfair dismissal.

If your job will not longer exist then it is a genuine redundancy.

How long ago were you made redundant? If they kept selling the items, what is the reason you did not question it earlier?