Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My daughter had a car accident over 12 months ago. At the

Customer Question

My daughter had a car accident over 12 months ago. At the time she was not properly insured. The other lady's insurance company pursued her to pay the damage. Which my daughter did. The amount owing was $8400.They gave her a monthly payment schedule which is now paid off. But 6 months ago out of the blue , the insurance company phoned and said that they just received another invoice , for the same accident , and you will have an additional amount to pay at the end of the contract. They are now asking for another $799.00.
What I cant understand is that 12 months ago we were told the full amount payable is $8400 and received a contract stating that , and this is what your monthly payment are.
Now they are moving the goal posts. I don't think this is fair. Please advise. Thanks Trish
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Did she sign a deed of release when she reached the agreement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel this question. Insurance company has just phoned. We have just been told they will not be persuing the outstanding amount. Thanks Trish