James D. Ford
James D. Ford, Solicitor
Experience:  Consulting Principal at Nexus Law Group
75875724

I want to cancel our Classic Holiday Club membership. We

Customer Question

I want to cancel our Classic Holiday Club membership. We have paid the full $8000 many years ago and now have to pay the annual fee however we have never used the accommodation as the locations simply do not suit our requirements. I do not expect the full amount refunded however a partial refund. What should we do?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  James D. Ford replied 1 year ago.

There is an aftermarket, where you can sell your timeshare to others who can make use of the accommodation... you can approach timeshare brokers to sell your timeshare for you.

Your timeshare provider should be able to assist to point you in the right direction. I recommend you only use industry preferred brokers.

CLASSIC HOLIDAYS is a member of the Australian Timeshare Ownership Council - who should be able to offer some assistance.

http://www.athoc.com.au/

Kind regards, James