Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have recently bought a 2014 Hyundai Veloster with 1000km

Customer Question

I have recently bought a 2014 Hyundai Veloster with 1000km on it that has a clean ppsr - no damage, but when I took it to a Hyundai dealer for its first service they told me that the new car warranty had been scrapped because the car had been written as a repairable write off due to hail damage before it had ever been sold. The dealer that sold me the car Galaria Toyota didn't want to know about it and left it for Northam Hyundai to sort out after a week of trying to get it sorted they have now told me that they will re instate partial warranty excluding body work, do I have a right to ask for my money back from the dealer I brought the car off in good faith that it had a full warranty and a clean ppsr ?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Did you buy it as a new car or demonstrator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we brought the car as a used car, with a clean ppsr
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

With only 1000 Km's?

How did they advertise it?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

If it was advertised as a new car or demonstrator and it was not then you have a claim for misleading and deceptive conduct if it was not.

https://www.accc.gov.au/business/advertising-promoting-your-business/false-or-misleading-statements

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards