Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My ex wife took my car 8 weeks ago and i need to know how to

Customer Question

Hi my ex wife took my car 8 weeks ago and i need to know how to get it back plz.the car is registered to me and i make the repayments.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 1 year ago.

You need to file a police report. Report the crime and they will be on the lookout for the car and apprehend her and return the car to you. It will help if the car was given to you in the divorce and you have a court order to show that it was awarded to you.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Because you are married the Police may not get involved saying it is a civil matter

You will have to take the matter to the Local Court / Magistrates Court and seek an order that she pay you for the car or a possesion order. They would be in the alternative because if she damages it you would want the money not the damaged car.

I hope this makes sense and if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

Just following things up and seeing if there is anything else I can assist you with?

Regards