Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

What consititues a position (worked permanent part time

Customer Question

hi
what consititues a position (worked permanent part time for four years ).
Can i be removed from my position with out a dicussion with me
thanks
Marion
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Do they own both sites?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they have a contract (tender) on both sites with the council The new one was only otained in July 2015 this is the one Im being sent to
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

If they work on both sites then they can send you to the other site if they feel it is reasonable and you cannot refuse their direction.

If you are a part time worker then your agreement or award should set out the minimum and maximum hours that you can work

If they work within those guidelines they are not in breach. If they are not working in that and reducing your hours to less than the minimum you have a claim for a breach.

It does not appear to be a termination of your position.

If there is a HR department you should talk to them the manager is not going to be able to assist you.

I hope this makes sense?