Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

My husband and I signed a contract car purchase with Toyota,

Customer Question

My husband and I signed a contract for a car purchase with Toyota, subject to financing with Toyota (approved )and within 3 days I changed my mind and emailed the sales agent that the terms of the contract need to change and that the decision to purchase the car is now stopped(I needed her prompt attention) and few weeks later the sales agent writes back that sorry for the confusion, but the contract is final and that she will drop the car in my drive way and that I have to take the car. I received the news that I got cancer.Toyota dropped the car at my home and I now overseas receiving surgery now and treatment, I am not working. I did not place a deposit per contract, neither did I trade in my old car or insure this new car, Toyota drove it for a spin of over 105miles and drove it to my home and dropped it there, pls help, I also tried to contact their manager Darren Dotch and he did not answer
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Sadly it is correct advice.