Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I paid friends flight down to Melbourne, I went with also,

Customer Question

I paid for my friends flight down to Melbourne, I went with also, each flight was around 140 dollars, I think, I also paid for her car to be serviced which was $70, she said she would pay back every two weeks as she is on the pension, she one day said she will cook all the time and buy all the food, she barely bought food and only cooked on certain nights. I was very silly to agree to this, she claimed to spend over a month 290 dollars, but I didn't see the receipts. We have fallen out and I do not believe she spent that much, I also damaged her frying pan, she said to just take the cost of it $60 off the bill, then when we argued she said she didn't take it off and I had to buy a new frying pan which I did, she has played a very good card and I'm very upset, please help
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
The only option here is to file a small claims application to QCAT.
I understand it is a lot of money to you, and the principal, however in the legal system, it would not be worth pursuing frankly.
If you wish to do so, here is more info:
http://www.qcat.qld.gov.au/

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

In respect of the matter, if you agreed for her to cook and the like, she is able to rely on this and offer this back to you.
Again, more reason to frankly to not pursue the debt to avoid being more upset.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
If I have been of assistance, please click accept / leave feedback as to my service.