Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
61534878

Can i register a Deed Settlement agreement?

Customer Question

can i register a Deed Settlement agreement?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Can you elaborate on what the deed relates to. What does the deed say? If you can send a copy that would assist greatly.

Thanks,

Patrick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Patrick,
please see attached.
can I also put a caveat on the property to protect from selling the land prior to completion of construction.
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Without commenting on the substance or merits of the deed's terms (which should be the subject of comprehensive legal advice from a fully briefed lawyer), I can advise that a deed of this sort would not normally be registered, but if you wish to register it you should contact Land & Property Information as they maintain the public registers where various deeds can be settled. Although there was a time many years ago where they maintained a register for virtually all deeds, that has since been discontinued, so cannot say for certain that there is presently a register for a deed of this sort.

http://www.lpi.nsw.gov.au/about_lpi/contact_us

I trust the above assists.

Please rate my answer.

Patrick

Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.
I note you have reviewed my answer, but have not yet rated it.
Please now rate my answer so that I can be paid for my time out of the funds you previously paid the website operator. It costs nothing further to rate my answer but ensures I, the person who addressed your question, am paid for my time and effort.
If you have a follow up question, or are otherwise unhappy with my efforts, please advise and I will try to assist you further.
Thanks in advance,
Patrick