Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I was mislead into buying a unit in a Retirement Village. I

Customer Question

I was mislead into buying a unit in a Retirement Village. I voiced my complaint immediately because it wasn't the unit I expected. It also needed good clean plus work still to be done since my moving in date of May 2014. I am also now an 81 lady and I have kept every email, every letter, every record of phone calls I have made and received since day one. After my first complaint I was told, "What you see is what you get" yet she was one who came with the Manager on the second day. Because of all the stress I have been under, I have dropped 18 kg and hospitalised three times. I am completely on my own and have never had any offer of help from management. Apparently there is a unit coming up that I would be happy to move into and what I hear from Management they are asking me for some huge amount of money when I believe if they had done something at the very start when I moved in, they could have just moved me from one unit to another. I can understand if this is not a problem that falls into any of your categories, I just needed to explain to a professional in case I have missed something that is legally binding. Isn't there a department who looks after "Pain & suffering?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I am sorry to hear about this.

Did you sign a contract and did it refer to a specific unit? Did you have a solicitor act for you?