Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I am based in qld and my partner and I recently had a dv

Customer Question

I am based in qld and my partner and I recently had a dv incident which resulted in my collar bone fracture. There is a standard mandatory conditions dvo order in place and as a result the police have charged my partner with a breach. He was released on bail with conditions he cannot reside with me nor make any contact. The police also put a temporary protection order on for me and there is a hearing scheduled for next month. I don't want the dvo order changed. I want to withdraw everything so I can have him back home asap as I wish to reconcile our relationship. I've put an application in to vary the order to have it stay at original mandatory conditions and my partner can return home. The police don't seem to want this to happen. What can I do ? I want the no contact lifted asap and his address to be his usual place of residence being mine.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Because he has been charged, it is now a criminal matter and only the police can withdraw it.

The police have a duty to protect you. What was the breach?